Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 22, 2012

1/22/2012 3 weeks out


Good day at the F.O.B today.  It is exactly 3 weeks out from the powerlifting meet and today I did a minimeet just to see where I was at in my training and to get some good numbers to go off of. 
So today I started with backsquat.  My goal for the meet is 460lbs (209kgs.).  So today I started out with an opening weight I know I could get, which was 405lbs. (183kgs).  That was an easy weight for me, got it up nice and easy.  Next I went up to 427lbs. (194kgs.)  This is actually a new PR. for me.  My old PR. was 425lbs. (193 kgs).  I got this weight up pretty easily as well, however I went down alittle too slow, but there is still time to work on that.  For my last lift at backsquat I went up to 435lbs (197kgs.) This weight I missed, but no big deal because I am right on my way to hitting 460lbs. (209kgs.).  I got 3 more weeks of training to get there and I know I will, the meet PRs are always going to be more than the gym PR.
Next I did the deadlift again starting at a weight I know I can hit easily.  Today I started at 418lbs (190kgs.)  This weight went up super easy.  So next I went for 448lbs (203kgs.)  Again this weight went up easy and I hit a new gym PR.  My old PR was 440lbs. (200kgs).  Now I started getting into new territory as far as weight went.  My next lift I put 469lbs (213kgs).  This is weight went easy as well.  So I hit a new PR. by 29lbs.  Not to bad.  Feeling pretty good still, we made an executive decision and we put the big 500lbs (227kgs) on the bar.  It was time to go big or go home.  I set up at the bar and started the lift.  Unfortunately I missed this weight, but I got the bar moving off the ground, lots of bar bend.  Even though I didn't get this weight, it was a good day because before this weight wouldn't even move off the ground. 
Working with the bands from the rack, and doing rack pulls has proven to work.  Going to continue to do the same things until the meet.  Getting super strong and I only started really training heavy again around 4 to 6 weeks ago.  Not bad, considering the last time i weighted myself I was at a ground pounding 177lbs. 
Everyone did well today at the F.O.B. Mr. L and Mr. R and Mr. S lifted well and are all getting stronger by the week.  Lots of good things going on at the F.O.B, our little lifting oasis. 
I was supposed to test this weekend for jiu-jitsu but unfortunately we got snow and it got cancelled, so I guess I will have to wait to get some more stripes on my purple belt.  Till next time stay loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment